Friday, August 22, 2014

Pumpkin Sheet Cake

I am sharing this recipe a the Foodie Friends Friday Link Party.
Hop over and find some great recipes......
 Is there anything that screams FALL any more louder than Pumpkin?
I have a very large collection of food fan pages in my Facebook feed.
And when this pumpkin sheet cake came through my feed
I switched on my scratch-n-sniff mode on my lap top.
What?
You don't have a scratch-n-sniff mode?
Don't tell anyone,
but I also have flash drive that will turn things into 
a taste-test mode.
These flash drives are very hard to find and I had to
travel many, many, many miles to find mine.
(I have a pet elephant too)
 One thing that I love about blog recipes is,
usually the recipes have been tested and are true.
I use the word "usually" very lightly.
There are some food blogs out there that will just post a recipe 
without trying it first.
My form of food blogging.....
I will NOT present you something that I have not tried myself first.
And if I get the recipe/inspiration from another source 
I will let you in on that too.
Blogging is all about creating, sharing, and of course honest opinions.
That is why I am not going to post the recipe here.
I did not create this cake.
I made it, photographed it, and voiced my opinion.
Wait!
I haven't voiced my opinion yet.
This is the BEST pumpkin sheet cake I have ever had in my life.
Sheet cakes are very easy to throw together,
and they are perfect for crowd feeding.
So keep in mind your Fall parties this year.
This pumpkin sheet cake would be the perfect treat.

Now for the source:
I found this recipe at Skip to my Lou.
The only thing I did differently is, I added 1 tsp. of vanilla to the pumpkin mixture.

The butter-cream maple frosting.....
I am one that just dumps when making frosting.
So I can't really put a recipe to the frosting.
You can easily do an internet search for butter-cream frosting.
I flavored mine with maple extract. 

I strongly recommend that you make this cake.
It is fantastic!

A huge Thank You goes out to Skip to my Lou.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Oh my - what photos to wake up to! Your cake looks sooo good, and I'm really excited about pumpkin/apple/squash fall recipes, so this makes me want to dive right in. And a scrath n sniff option?? - YOU.ARE.SPECIAL! =) and I.WANT.SOME! Thanks for sharing. I've tried Cindy's recipes before and know they're always a winner too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious! So happy to have fall flavors coming around for us! Thank you for sharing and recommending with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent most of this cake to work with my significant other, and he returned home with orders ($$) for making more. This is a very good cake and you could top with about anything. I was thinking a pecan praline.......

      Delete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)