Monday, September 10, 2012

I'm Tired! Roasted Balsamic Zucchini

The Zucchini Apocalypse!
Are you tired of hearing about it?
I am!
But let me tell you....
I am just plain TIRED.
I cannot fight off the zucchini any longer.
I give up!
Let them take me over.....
I am collapsing with my white flag....
I surrender!
But before I surrender,
I'm going to leave you with one last zucchini recipe.
This one will be made again next year during zucchini season.
I am a huge fan of balsamic vinaigrette's.
The flavors are amazing.
So I introduced these attacking zucchini with it.
This is what I did:
And yes, that is a paper plate.
There is only two of us eating in the house, so we cut down on dishes.
It's easier to throw them away than wash them.
Roasted Balsamic Zucchini

1/4 c. Marzetti Simply Dressed Balsamic Dressing
1/3 c. Kraft Parmesan, Romano, Asiago cheese blend
A few shakes of garlic powder
1 TBS olive oil
Salt and crushed black pepper

I seeded and cut the zucchini into chunks. Placed it in a bowl and poured the dressing ingredients over it. I tossed to coat all the pieces, and poured it onto a baking sheet with sides. Place it in a 400 degree F. preheated oven for 20 minutes. The cheeses will melt, so when you remove it from the oven place it in a serving bowl and stir. A fabulous way to eat zucchini.
Photobucket
This recipe is linked to:
Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen: Manic Monday
Lady Behind the Curtain ~ Cast Party Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. This looks good! I recently saw that type of cheese in the grocery store and wondered about the taste! Hope you're having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great day! I was kind of busy over the weekend, so I'm kind of dragging today....But that's typical for a Monday, right?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great way to devour zucchini - so glad you shared. YUMMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted zucchini, and this sounds like a great recipe! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing at FFF. I too had a ton of zucchini this year!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to and appreciate any comments.
Thank you for stopping by.

Labels

2013 (1) Ambrosia (1) Appetizers (23) Apples (2) artichoke (2) Arugula (1) Asparagus (1) Bacon (1) Baking (2) Balsamic Vinegar (3) Bars (18) BBQ (1) Beans (1) Beef (24) Beer (1) Beverage (8) Black Beans (1) Blended Oats (1) Blind Spot Nutbutter (1) Blueberries (1) Bread and Quick Bread (28) Breakfast (18) Buckeyes (1) Caesar Dressing (1) Cake (48) Candy (1) Candy Cane (2) Candy Corn (1) Casing Franks (1) Casserole (1) Celery (1) Cheese (1) cheese ball (1) Cheesecake (1) Cherry (1) Chicken (40) chili (1) Chocolate (2) chocolate chip cookies (2) chocolate chips (1) Christmas (5) Cinnamon (2) coconut (1) Coffee Mate (1) Cookie Butter (1) Cookie Cutters (1) Cookies (45) Cornmeal (1) crackers (1) Cranberries (1) Cranberry Sauce (1) Cream Cheese (2) crescent rolls (1) Crock Pot (5) Cucumber (1) Cut-out Cookies (1) danish (1) Dessert (4) Dry Roasted Peanuts (1) Egg White (1) Eggs (1) Fall (2) feta (1) Fish (5) Foodie Friends Friday (3) French Toast (1) French's Crispy Jalapenos (1) fruit (2) Fudge (1) Garlic (3) Garlic Bread (1) Giveaway (10) Giveaways (3) Greek (1) Green (1) guacamole (1) Holiday (32) Holiday Gifts (1) Jell-O (3) Key Lime (1) Lasagna (1) Link Party (11) linky party (1) liver (1) Low calorie (1) Magazine (1) Marshmallow Fluff (1) Martha White (1) Meat Balls (1) Mediterranean (1) menu (12) Mexican Soup (1) Muffins (23) Mushrooms (3) Nestle Toll House (1) No-Bake (1) Nut Butter (1) Oatmeal (1) Oatmeal Scotchies (1) olives (1) Overnight (1) Parmesan cheese (1) Pasta (5) Peanut Butter (2) Pear (1) Penne (1) Pepperoni (1) Pesto (2) Picnics (1) Pico De Gallo (1) Pie (1) Pie Crust (1) pie filling (1) Pies (9) Pistachios (1) Pizza (1) Points (1) Pork (21) Pork Loin (1) Pot Roast (1) Potato (2) Potluck (1) Pretzel Buns (2) Product Review (1) pumpkin (2) Recipe (62) Recipes (19) Reese's (1) Review (1) Roasted Vegetables (2) salad (2) Salads (46) Sandwiches (16) Sargento Cheese (1) Sausage (1) Side (2) side dish (1) simmer sauce (1) Simple (1) Sliders (1) Snickers (1) Soup (41) spinach (6) Sprinkles (1) squash (1) Stir Fry (1) Strawberry (1) stuffed pepper (1) Stuffing (1) Sugar Free (1) Survival (1) Sweet Baby Ray (1) Taste of Home (2) This and That (120) Tomatoes (3) Trader Joe's (1) Turkey (6) Valentine's Day (1) Vegetables (38) Web Site (1) Weight Watchers (17) White Chocolate (1) wilted (1) Wrap (1)